Sunday, May 2, 2010

Preparations

The volcanic ash seems to have cleared from the air so it looks like we'll be boarding a plane on Monday. I can't say I'm looking forward to the flight - I always smile bitterly when they say 'Now, sit back and enjoy your trip.' Yeah, what fun. I'm also becoming a much more nervy traveller in my old age. It doesn't help that I spend way too much time with air traffic controllers who blithely say things like 'we're due for a major air disaster you know. Hasn't been one for a while.' Thanks for that.

Still.
It will be worth it once I get there. There will be babies to admire and people to catch up with and shops to visit. I remember last time it took me a few days to adjust to understanding everything that was going on. It was way too much information all of a sudden. I wonder if it'll be the same this time?

OK, better go and pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment