Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Books



Whenever I receive the advanced copies of a book I'm always reminded of the period of time in which I wrote them. So these latest ones - 'Beach Break' and 'Keeping Secrets' instantly made me think of the time when we finally committed to moving to Germany, then the subsequent stress of packing up our house, the terrible insomnia I went through during this period, the sadness of saying goodbye to everyone and even just making myself believe that 'yes, we're really going.'

Still, it was quite wonderful receiving them in the mail the other day. And now they are sitting on my bookshelf, all shiny and pretty and utterly, unquestionably finished, that all the effort and pain feels worth it. Which is something I have to remind myself as I struggle through the writing of Tweenie Genie 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment